18 May 2012

FAQs

I've reproduced some questions that a good friend of mine, T-pain, sent me:

1) How many crumpets have you actually consumed?
Fourteen

2) How many times have you gotten lost in Westminster abbey?
Several times without much incident, but once I ended up in the Members’ lobby, and I was reprimanded severely. I protested that I was lost and wondered if perhaps the guard could help me find my way? All she would say is “You’re not supposed to be in here.”


I do fear/hope that I may someday discover a crypt or medieval dungeon underneath the palace, but so far I’ve only once accidentally walked in on a yoga class.

3) Any MP crushes?
It’s tricky for me to distinguish yet if a man is actually cute, or if I just enjoy his accent. So, yes, crushes, but it’s also not popular for men to wear wedding rings here, so I try not to let my imagination run away with me. Also, the majority of English men--MPs included--don't seem to have chins.

4) Have you located your very own awesome pub?
Last night I had several pints of Strongbow at the Wellington Hotel, which I very much enjoyed. There is also a great little pub under Waterloo Station appropriately named “The Hole in the Wall,” that I certainly will be going back to.

5) Weirdest thing you've discovered about the parliament system?
So far an almost complete lack of lobbyists. It’s eerie; my MP seems to have so much time to help her constituents and make up her own mind.

6) Have you made any program friends?
There are five other American interns and they are all perfectly lovely. I’ve started getting to know the staffers in the neighboring offices (even though they are mostly Torys).

8) Any wild adventures outside of work?
Wild? Not really, but I did just buy a ticket to see The Taming of the Shrew  in July at the wildly historical Globe Theatre and I feel pretty good about that. 


9) Favorite London moment thus far?
Today I went to the Tate Modern and waited in a queue for 30 minutes to see Damien Hirst’s For the Love of God in a tiny, pitch-black room. Totally worth it. I’ve always been an admirer of his and this piece is iconic.


10) Has it hit you yet that you're in London working for a MP???
I assume that is a rhetorical question. 

2 comments:

  1. What is this nonsense? -- no compliments? You are a writer, better yet, you are an observer.

    ReplyDelete