11 May 2012

Suitcase Follies


Well, I'm all packed and ready to go. The act of packing is overrated. It actually took more of my time to tell my bank about my travel plans (so that they wouldn't put a hold on my debit card) than putting my clothes in a suitcase. My newfound flippancy for this act shows my age or possibly just cynicism.

Planning for trips and packing used to be a special ritual for me involving a great deal of lists, and now it's merely a chore.

"'Beyond the Wild Wood comes the Wide World,' said the Rat. 'And that's something that doesn't matter, either to you or me. I've never been there and I'm never going, nor you either, if you've got any sense at all.'" -The Wind in the Willows





1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to reading your daily blog from afar. Someone asked if I was going to visit you and I thought hey why not. But alas I realized that your are really there to work and study and will, I am sure be quite busy. So my world traveling favorite daughter, I will look forward to your blog as intently as Boo does me when I have treats in my pockets. Ok even more so.

    ReplyDelete